[iterm2-discuss] Weird flashing lines at the bottom of the screen
mwadham7 via iterm2-discuss
2018-11-02 11:29:39 UTC
Anyone else getting weird blinking lines at the bottom of the screen when
using iTerm2?

video: http://m.rkw.io/IMG_6588.mp4

i reported the issue on github
here: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/issues/7292

only seems to happen with iTerm2. GPU rendering is not enabled. they go
away when the dock is raised and lowered but not when the mouse cursor
hovers over them.

13in 2017 macbook pro i7 / 16GB
mwadham7 via iterm2-discuss
2018-11-02 15:11:55 UTC
Actually it's not just specific to iTerm2. Suspect a hardware issue, going
to take it to Apple.
mwadham7 via iterm2-discuss
2018-11-13 11:01:11 UTC
So I've just had the logic board replaced and this is still happening. Only
iterm2 seems to trigger the flashing lines, although once appearing they
are persistent on that part of the screen even if the iterm window is moved
away from it.
Aaron Meurer
2018-11-13 19:26:12 UTC
Do you use an external monitor? I sometimes get a similar issue when
using an external display, except at the top of the screen on the
menubar (which I always assumed was a software issue).

Aaron Meurer
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:01 AM mwadham7 via iterm2-discuss
George Nachman