[iterm2-discuss] iTerm Nightly is coloring my PROMPT differently when my laptop is plugged in
TJ Luoma
2018-08-11 18:29:08 UTC
A very strange thing has been going on for awhile, but I just figured out
what was causing it.

This image:

is actually two-images-in-one:

The top image is a screenshot of iTerm when my MacBook* is plugged in.

The bottom image is a screenshot of iTerm when my laptop is running on
battery.

Spoiler alert:

You'll notice that the thin blue-line in my PROMPT turns into a very
_thick_ blue line when my MacBook is plugged in.

At first I thought this was a zsh issue, but I realized that I hadn't
changed anything on my PROMPT for ages.

It does not happen in Terminal.app, nor does it happen in iTerm 3.2.0.

I suspect that you might want to see what makes up my $PROMPT. Well, I
actually just “cribbed” it from someone else, and it's very long and
complicated (for which I can take no credit, I just copied what someone
else had already done.)

You can find my prompt script at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkaf1ww29ctvari/setprompt.sh?dl=0

I have no idea how this is happening, but it happens immediately when I
plug or unplug my MacBook. I don't have to do anything to the iTerm window,
even just sitting there, it displays differently based on the power source.
(How weird is _that_?)

Anyway, I thought I should mention it. I'm not sure what else I might be
able to do to help diagnose the issue, but if you can give me some
suggestions, I'll happily take them.

Thanks!

Tj

* a MacBook8,1 aka MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) running 10.14
(18A353d) aka Mojave Public Beta 5, I believe

--
TJ Luoma
TJ @ MacStories
George Nachman
2018-08-13 01:58:24 UTC
This is a know bug with Mojave. It will be fixed in 3.2.1. You can disable
the GPU renderer in Prefs>General to prevent it. It's also fixed in the
nightly build.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcii6u0sivrtvfc/iTerm-Nightly-Plugged-on-top-vs-Unplugged-on-bottom.png?dl=0