[iterm2-discuss] Keyboard short cut customization
Sany
2018-05-31 11:08:26 UTC
Hello,

This probably falls under personal customization and I couldn't figure out
if I can do this in iTerm2 or not.

Is it possible to switch to a window directly with a keyboard shortcut? For
example, if I opened 4 windows(each window could have multiple tabs), I can
simply press (Command + 2) to jump to the second window.

The default terminal in mac used to allow this switching, but not anymore
after I upgraded to macOS High Sierra. They've changed the keyboard short
cut behavior to switch to individual tabs(only 1-9) and the order is no
longer predictible. I wish they hadn't done this.

Thank you.
Sany
2018-06-07 09:54:25 UTC
I've tried it and it is perfect. Thank you very much.
By default cmd-opt-N to switch to a window. The number for N is shown in
the window title. You can configure which modifier keys are used in
*Prefs>Keys>To switch windows*.