[iterm2-discuss] Different cursor styles not working?
Tiga Wu
2018-08-26 17:38:19 UTC
At first it works (in vim, block in normal mode and line in insert mode),
but after doing a lot of iTerm configurations and it is not displaying
different cursor styles now and I'm not sure which step went wrong.

iTerm version: 3.2.1beta1
George Nachman
2018-08-30 07:06:25 UTC
Here's what I have in my vimrc to do this:

let &t_SI = "\<Esc>]50;CursorShape=1\x7"
let &t_EI = "\<Esc>]50;CursorShape=0\x7"

If that doesn't do it in a minimal vimrc then make a debug log (
https://iterm2.com/debuglog) and search for CursorShape to see if it was
actually sent by vim.
Tiga Wu
2018-08-30 13:21:27 UTC
Actually I found my problem, I'm using a custom term spec which enables dim
& italic text based on xterm-256color, but the name does not contain xterm,
so I added a 'xterm-' in front of my term spec name and it works.