[iterm2-discuss] Shell integration seems broken for me
Mark Tomory
2018-06-13 00:06:08 UTC
I'm using iTerm2 Build 3.2.0beta3.

I can't get mark indicators to appear, even though the option is checked in
the profile I use. Also, Toolbelt features like Recent Directories and
Command History are also not working. I sourced
.iterm2_shell_integration.bash manually but it didn't make any difference.

I recall that, at some point, these features used to work. Unfortunately, I
didn't notice right away when they stopped working and therefore I have no
idea what changed.

I've run out of ideas. Any thoughts?
George Nachman
2018-06-13 18:22:36 UTC
If you use bash, first check if something else in your .bashrc,
.bash_profile, or .profile is causing a conflict. In general it's best to
load shell integration last since it's good about respecting existing
configurations, while many other scripts will step on PROMPT_COMMAND.
Mark Tomory
2018-07-16 04:57:53 UTC
Thanks, George, for your reply.

Unfortunately, that's not it. Both ~/.bashrc and ~/.bash_profile end with

test -e "${HOME}/.iterm2_shell_integration.bash" && source
"${HOME}/.iterm2_shell_integration.bash"
Also,
-rwxr-xr-x 1 markt staff 19316 Dec 26 2017
/Users/markt/.iterm2_shell_integration.bash*
Any other ideas?

Mark