[iterm2-discuss] All of a sudden my hotkey window is sliding instead of fading?
Eli Brown
2018-03-06 17:16:45 UTC
After years of using iTerm (now iterm 2), I opened it today and now when I
press my hotkey window, iterm does a really slow/painful slide in instead
of fading in place.

Anyone know why this changed/how I can fix this?
George Nachman
2018-03-14 05:19:00 UTC
Sliding is used when possible (it's complicated). You can adjust the speed
of animation in Prefs > Advanced > Duration in seconds of the hotkey window
animation. Don't set it to zero; if you prefer to disable animations
completely do so in Prefs > Profiles > Keys > Configure Hotkey Window.