[iterm2-discuss] Feature Request: Option to open X number of instances of a bookmark/profile
George Nachman
2018-06-07 17:24:31 UTC
This is a good fit for the new scripting APIs that are under development
for version 3.3. Gitlab is down right now, probably because all of Github's
users are busy migrating their code to it :). I'll file an issue when it's
back, but I think the approach I'll take is:

1. Offer a hook for the Open Profiles window (either a context menu or a
custom action button)
2. Provide a way for APIs to present a basic UI element like an alert box
with a text input field.

The ability to create tabs and windows already exists
Sometimes there's a need to have multiple tabs of the same
bookmark/profile/connection open at once. To save a lot of clicking it
would be nice if you could just right-click on the profile you're about to
open and be presented with a dialogue box asking how many tabs you would
like to open of that profile.
I already know I can right-click on the tab, select "Duplicate tab", and
repeat that a bunch of times.
Thoughts?
Glenn B

George Nachman