[iterm2-discuss] Mouse wheel scrolls shell history, not scrollback buffer
Alexander Skwar
2018-08-31 11:50:23 UTC
Hello

When I start a new iTerm2 window (with fish shell being my login/default
shell), I can scroll in the scrollback buffer with the mouse wheel. But
sometimes, after having done something (which I don't know, to be honest
),
the mouse wheel function changes to scroll the shell history (ie. it shows
the previous command).

I don't like that the wheel scrolls the history. I only want to scroll in
the buffer.

Would anyone have an idea, why that might be so?

Thanks,
Alexander

PS: iTerm2 3.2.0 on High Sierra.
Alexander Skwar
2018-08-31 11:56:22 UTC
Hello all
Post by Alexander Skwar
Hello
When I start a new iTerm2 window (with fish shell being my login/default
shell), I can scroll in the scrollback buffer with the mouse wheel. But
sometimes, after having done something (which I don't know, to be honest
),
the mouse wheel function changes to scroll the shell history (ie. it shows
the previous command).
I don't like that the wheel scrolls the history. I only want to scroll in
the buffer.
Would anyone have an idea, why that might be so?
Found the solution on stackoverflow
at https://stackoverflow.com/a/37879399/5295392
and https://stackoverflow.com/a/46366437/5295392 ("How can I turn off
“scrolling the history” in iTerm2").

It was this:

*Scroll wheel sends arrow keys when in alternate screen mode*

When I disabled that setting, the mouse wheel started to behave, like it
should. Or when I use the workaround to quickly go to vi and leave it right
away.

Sorry for the noise,
Alexander