[iterm2-discuss] Explain to me like i'm 5 how to set up tmux integration in iTerm2
Ton Machielsen
2018-07-24 14:32:03 UTC
Because i don't get it. All i want to for my terminal sessions to start the
way i left them last time i used them. This is what i understand i have to
do:

iTerm2, Preferences, General, tmux integration, Open tmux windows as native
windows and Automatically bury the tmux client session after connecting
checked.

On any server i connect to i install tmux and run a tmux -CC.

in iTerm2, Preferences, Profiles, whatever profile, Command, Send text at
start, tmux -CC a.

This works. More or less. Most of the times, when i close my terminal
window (using Command-Q or the red close window button) i am left over with
the initial window that launches the tmux session.

And with a window that shows me a warning.

Why is that happening and how do i set the integration up so it "just
works"?
George Nachman
2018-07-26 07:04:22 UTC
Can you check that Prefs>General>Startup is set to Use System Window
Restoration Setting?

That warning happens when a running process is found that didn't have a
saved window associated with it. It should be rare if you use the
aforementioned setting.
Post by Ton Machielsen
Because i don't get it. All i want to for my terminal sessions to start
the way i left them last time i used them. This is what i understand i have
iTerm2, Preferences, General, tmux integration, Open tmux windows as
native windows and Automatically bury the tmux client session after
connecting checked.
On any server i connect to i install tmux and run a tmux -CC.
in iTerm2, Preferences, Profiles, whatever profile, Command, Send text at
start, tmux -CC a.
This works. More or less. Most of the times, when i close my terminal
window (using Command-Q or the red close window button) i am left over with
the initial window that launches the tmux session.
<https://i.redd.it/y5xfqdyoanb11.jpg>
And with a window that shows me a warning.
<https://i.redd.it/9ixtvxgsanb11.jpg>