[iterm2-discuss] Escape sequence for annotations not working via Triggers
Micl.0x0efbd3
2018-09-12 19:45:00 UTC

since a while already I'm looking for a solution to add (hidden)
annotations, if specific strings are printed in the terminal session.
This would be a great function do add simple hints about e.g. cryptic code
fragments, right in place where needed.

Anyhow, the escape sequences to add annotations are working well from
command line or bash scripts.
But the same sequences are not adding any annotations, when triggered with
"send text" or a "coprocess" running the mentioned bash script.

I've already tried to use the escape character as "\e", but that doesn't
work either.

Any hint about a potential solution is very appreciated.

Br,
Michael
George Nachman