[iterm2-discuss] iterm2 not being treated like fullscreen
Brent Abernathy
2018-07-19 14:30:57 UTC
Hi all,

It seems lately my iterm2 does not actually go fullscreen when hitting
cmd+enter or hit the maximize button. In my first screenshot below you can
see that I have maximized iterm2 but it does go fullscreen on the desktop
but not is not treated like its own section. The reason that is annoying is
the docker get stuck on top of the terminal, also opening other things open
it like it is a desktop, not a maximized screen( see screenshot 2). I have
been looking through the preferences to see if changed something
accidentally or unintentionally. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would
be much appreciated!

George Nachman
2018-07-19 18:27:18 UTC
Looks like Mission Control is open for some reason. Clicking on the iTerm2
window doesn't make it go away? What version of macOS are you on? Have you
changed any settings in system prefs > mission control?
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pmAAcBJNJ68/W1Cdf-1nW4I/AAAAAAAAFA4/VqusfiG-xOsdPvB2YcknSz8aYfP2_8tTwCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-07-19%2Bat%2B10.16.29%2BAM%2B%25282%2529.png>
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mZ6dJRlvVbE/W1Cf-SkXYaI/AAAAAAAAFBQ/v0U5TvcdYLYSuUJlMkSdM7DleLH4cC-qwCLcBGAs/s1600/dockerstuck.png>
Brent Abernathy
2018-07-19 19:51:05 UTC
Oh sorry, should have said I just had mission control view up for the
screenshot to show that iterm2 shows as "Desktop 3" not Iterm2 as I would
expect when I maximize it.
Aaron Meurer
2018-07-19 21:24:23 UTC
Sorry if this was already mentioned (it's hard to read through the email
with the giant screenshots), but isn't this the "native full screen
windows" setting in the general tab of the preferences?

Aaron Meurer
Brent Abernathy